Tag Cloudamerica apple art auto bailout ayn rand bailout barack obama bonuses bubble Business citigroup congress consumerism consumption corporate culture corruption culture deficit democrats economics economy education entrepreneurs Environment equality facebook financial crisis financial meltdown food free market gitmo goldman sachs google GOP greed health care health care reform income inequality insurance internet john boehner john mccain libertarian lobbyists marketing McCain morals movies music Obama Philosophy photography politicians Politics Pop culture regulation Religion republicans richard posner sacrifice san francisco Sarah Palin silicon valley supreme court taxes tea party tech bubble Technology Ted Stevens terrorism Trends unions venture capital wall street wealth
Join 75 other followers
Category Archives: Art
Watching for whales
No matter what, you can always trust a swimming pool to add some interesting scenery to your day. This pool was, as you can see, exceptionally colorful.
OK, this isn’t really a giant ball of flaming gas. It’s actually a lamp shade. But doesn’t it look like one of those cool photos of the sun?
Below is an actual image of the sun.
I recently returned from a week’s vacation in Spain, and here are some thoughts:
1. iPhone mania is international. I would estimate that iPhones (mostly 4’s) represented 60-70% of the phones I saw in use in Madrid and Valencia.
2. Spain is really pretty. See below.
3. It turned out to be Gay Pride weekend in Madrid. This looked exactly like Gay Pride weekend in San Francisco, but with a Spanish soundtrack.
4. Picasso’s Guernica is amazing. The photo below doesn’t do it justice.
5. Spanish hotel chains have a weak grasp on grammar, as indicated below:
7. High speed trains. 200 mph from Madrid to Valencia. Awesome.