Tag Cloudamerica apple ayn rand bailout barack obama Business congress consumerism consumption corruption culture deficit democrats economics economy Environment facebook financial meltdown goldman sachs GOP greed health care health care reform income inequality internet lobbyists Obama Philosophy politicians Politics Pop culture regulation Religion republicans Sarah Palin silicon valley supreme court taxes tea party Technology terrorism Trends venture capital wall street wealth
Tag Archives: art
Watching for whales
No matter what, you can always trust a swimming pool to add some interesting scenery to your day. This pool was, as you can see, exceptionally colorful.
I recently returned from a week’s vacation in Spain, and here are some thoughts:
1. iPhone mania is international. I would estimate that iPhones (mostly 4′s) represented 60-70% of the phones I saw in use in Madrid and Valencia.
2. Spain is really pretty. See below.
3. It turned out to be Gay Pride weekend in Madrid. This looked exactly like Gay Pride weekend in San Francisco, but with a Spanish soundtrack.
4. Picasso’s Guernica is amazing. The photo below doesn’t do it justice.
5. Spanish hotel chains have a weak grasp on grammar, as indicated below:
7. High speed trains. 200 mph from Madrid to Valencia. Awesome.